This is the IIB's most important event of the year, bringing together senior U.S. and international government officials and industry leaders to address key policy and business issues of importance to the international banking community. The conference also provides an excellent opportunity for representatives of our member institutions from the U.S. and head offices as well as representatives of banking associations from around the world to meet informally and exchange views on key business and financial services developments.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Mark A. Calabria, Assistant to the Vice President and Chief Economist, will give the Monday luncheon address
- Rep. Patrick McHenry, Chief Deputy Whip in the House of Representatives and Vice Chairman of the Financial Services Committee
- Hon. J. Christopher Giancarlo, Acting Chairman of the CFTC
- Hon. Thomas Curry, Comptroller of the Currency
- Hon Thomas Hoenig, Vice Chairman, FDIC
- Hon. Maria Vullo, Superintendent, NYS Department of Financial Services
- Jean-Yves Fillion, CEO, BNP Paribas USA, Inc., and Head of CIB Americas
- H. Rodgin Cohen, Senior Chairman of Sullivan & Cromwell
- Eric Rosenbach, former Defense Department Chief of Staff and Assistant Defense Secretary for Homeland Defense and Global Security
- Daniel Price, Managing Director of Rock Creek Global Advisors and former senior trade official in the Bush Administration.
The Monday afternoon portion of the first day of the conference will include a panel discussion among private-sector policy experts on the financial services policy direction of the Trump Administration and the 115th Congress. Speaking on the panel will be: Martin Neil Baily of The Brookings Institution, Thaya Brook Knight of the Cato Institute, and Paul Kupiec of the American Enterprise Institute.
There will be a welcoming reception on Sunday evening from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the Ritz-Carlton sponsored by Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton. On Monday evening, there will be a reception and dinner sponsored by Deloitte, E&Y, KPMG and PwC for all conference attendees, government officials and senior staff at the Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum. As is customary, the second day of the conference will include a panel of senior regulators, who will discuss key issues of importance to our member institutions. The conference will conclude at 11:15 a.m. on Tuesday, following remarks by Congressman McHenry.
The 2017 conference will provide an excellent opportunity to get an early assessment of how financial policy will be shaped by the new Administration and Congress. Accordingly, all IIB member institutions are urged to be represented.
The conference registration fee is $1,250 for representatives of member institutions ($1,525 for non-members; $500 government rate). Discounts are available for multiple registrations.
For registration and sponsorship related questions please contact Andy Lebron, Events Registration Coordinator at (646)213-1140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancelation / Fee Payment Policy
As required by the Board of Trustees, ALL payments must be received PRIOR TO the registration deadline otherwise your registration will be deleted. NO cancellations will be accepted after that date; ONLY substitutions will be permitted. By clicking on the Continue button below, you hereby acknowledge responsibility for payment of this registration fee in accordance with this policy regardless of whether you attend or not. All registration fees must be received no later than the close of business on Monday, March 6, 2017.